Today I'm finally wearing my favorite birthday gift, this adorable owl sweater from my parents. It felt like a Friday kind of sweater, so I saved it for today.
Sweater - Kohls, gift
Jeans - Old Navy
Boots - Target
Jewelry - S&D, Cookie Lee
I had been experiencing some writers block this week, I blame being wiped out from all the birthday celebrating, but thankfully today I have a couple of excuses to talk about myself. I was gifted the Sunshine Award from the lovely Dawn of Suitcase Vignettes and so I'll answer a couple of the questions she gave. And then the awesome Katie of Butterfly Loves Snapdragons gifted me the Versatile Blogger award and the rules for that are, share seven facts about yourself. So today is "owl" about me. (See what I did there? I'm silly.)
So here are seven things about me I don't think I've shared before. Maybe you'll learn something new.
1. I realize LMFAO is so yesterday now and we've all moved on to Gangham Style, but I still have a weakness for Party Rock Anthem and it is probably my biggest guilty pleasure song. Normally I'm an "indie girl" but I can't help but love some pop music.
2. I have a super hard time swallowing pills, so I take them with yogurt.
3. I'm not afraid of ghosts, zombies or pretty much any horror movie, but if I watch anything about alien invasion I have nightmares for days. The scariest movie I've ever seen is Signs. *shudder*
4. I think it's no secret I have a love of beer and wine and other "spirits", but I am always responsible and am proud to say I've only been physically ill from drinking once in my life.
5. I love to play cribbage with the Pants Monkey, but I rarely ever beat him. When I do it's a big deal. I did about a week ago and I even took a picture on Instagram to mark the occasion, that's how big of a deal it is! He's crazy good.
6. I had a belly button ring once. I had to let it close up after a very unfortunate injury that I won't go into details on. Let's just say it may have involved a clothes hanger when I was moving once.
7. I love to color. I find it super relaxing. I always bring crayons and coloring books when I go on vacation. It's something I've done since I was little kid. And I even stay in the lines!
Jewelry close up
And now I'll pick a couple of Dawn's questions to answer.
1. What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? It is SO hard to pick one, as there are many funny movies out there. I think I would probably say anything that Christopher Guest has done, especially Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman and A Mighty Wind. They're just my kind of humor, I can't get enough of them.
2. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Coffee. Hands down. I don't drink that much even, but I would not be a pretty girl without my cup in the morning!!
3. What was your most embarrassing moment? Getting sick during a dress rehearsal for a church show when I was about 13 or 14. I didn't quite make it all the way to the bathroom and I didn't live it down for quite some time after that!
4. When did you last laugh until you cried and what was so funny? The Pants Monkey is joining a homebrew club and he was messaging the other guys on FB trying to come up with a name and there were some "naughty" acronyms he was coming up with. Yeah, sometimes we're like 12 year olds, can't help it.
5. Do you wanna bring sexy back? I had to answer this just because it made me laugh - and why do I need to bring it back? I thought I already did! He he.
Whew. Ok, that's enough for today. That was fun though! Huge thanks to Dawn and Katie, you are both too sweet. The rules for both of course say you're supposed to tag other bloggers, but I'm taking the easy way out again and saying I love you all so you can all chose to play along with the questions I answered if you'd like! Have a great weekend!!