Today is the first day of spring - and even though it's far from springlike outside, I'm not going to complain about it today. I decided to instead embrace these last cold days and get as much use as I can out of my boots and scarves and sweater-dresses while I still can. Take that winter!
Sweater-dress - H&M, via two birds garage sale
Sweater - Mossimo, Target
Boots and leggings - Target
Scarf - World Market
Instead of complaining, I'm going to channel my energy instead into sharing five things about me. I was tagged by Heather and Kayla from H&K Style Journey to share five things - simple game to play! Although I have had to try hard to think of five things about myself that I haven't shared before! I think I came up with some though.
1. I love salads. I didn't used to like salad at all because I was never a big fan of lettuce. Now I love salad - but I still do not like lettuce on my burgers, tacos or sandwiches. I don't want those things to crunch! But give me a salad, especially in the summer time, and I'm a happy girl.
2. I have a bad habit of losing my sunglasses. I had Lasik in early 2011 and one of the most fun things afterward was buying cute sunglasses and I had a bunch of fun pairs - and now I'm down to like two pairs. I have to believe some of them are still in my house someplace, but I don't know where. Going to have to do some spring cleaning I think!
3. At the ripe ole age of 31 I have never been stung by a bee, broken a bone or required stitches. The only surgery I've had is my wisdom teeth removal. I'm not bragging - quite frankly the more time that goes by without any of these things happening to me the more I fear them!
4. Now that I've been watching the Harry Potter movies I am finally reading the books for the first time. I'm on the first one and it's going so much better than the first time I tried to read it ten years ago.
5. My standard breakfast is cereal and milk and a cup of coffee. It's probably not the healthiest thing ever, but it's been my go to for years. At least now I try to go for the non-sugar cereals like Cheerios, although I still have a weakness for Cocoa Krispies about once a year!
There you have it! Hopefully you learned a bit more about me! Because I'm tired/lazy this morning I'm not tagging anyone specifically, but if you'd like to play along, feel free! Or share something new with me in the comments. Have a great day!