Today's outfit was going to be another Pinterest-inspired look, but it didn't quite work out the way I wanted, so I won't share the pin that inspired this. That is OK, it's Friday! We made it! And I thought today I'd take a cue from Erin and Amanda and do kind of a "stuff about me post." It's been awhile, so what better day than a Friday to share some fun facts about me that maybe you didn't know?
1. My car does not have a working clock in it. I'm constantly checking my watch or my cell phone as I drive to make sure I don't end up late to work! Mr. Monkey has promised me his old car stereo at some point here and I am most excited about that fact that it has a clock!
2. The only places out of the country I've traveled to are Canada and the Bahamas. I'd really like to change that eventually!
3. I have only really learned to like vegetables in the last several years. Five years ago there is no way I would have been willing to sign up for a CSA (community supported agriculture) share. Now I can't wait until our new box of goodies shows up each week.
4. I'm crazy addicted to ice water. I freeze water bottles the night before I go to work so I can have frozen water during my work day. I have heard if you're addicted to ice it means your low in something, it might be iron. I wouldn't be surprised if that was my problem.
5. The State Fair is coming up soon here in Minnesota and next to Christmas and my birthday it is my most favorite time of the year. The Pants Monkey and I always take a day off from work for it and we go and pig out and people watch and we have a blast. I cannot wait.
T-shirt - thrifted
Jeans - Liz Lange, from friend
Necklace - Charming Charlie
Sandals - Merona, Target
6. I participated in drama in high school and I miss acting sometimes. I keep saying someday I'll get involved in community theatre, but I just never do. My dream roles have always been Maureen from Rent, Fantine from Les Miserables or Mary Magdalene from Jesus Christ Superstar. Eclectic mix, no?
7. In spite of the fact that I'm pretty friendly and outgoing, put my entire life out on a blog like this and enjoy spending time with friends and family - I am an introvert. Shocker. I think it's because I am an only child - therefore, I just crave that time for myself to regroup and re-energize. I can always tell when I've been too busy and stretching myself too thin with going out and doing things with others - I start craving my couch time with just Mr. Monkey. I try to make sure we have at least one or two nights like that each week and it helps a lot.
8. Fall is my favorite season. Nothing makes me happier than cool weather, a bonfire, a cozy hoodie, S'mores in one hand and glass of scotch or dark beer in the other (when not pregnant obviously. This year I'll have to settle for hot apple cider or hot chocolate instead!)
9. Our pregnancy was not 100% planned. But this baby is 100% loved and wanted. I can't wait to cuddle him.
10. I have only recently gotten into the craze that is Candy Crush. But I am in total control of my addiction and I can stop playing anytime I want....I think.
Uffda, that's all I can come up with today. Erin did 16, Amanda did 31. I was going to do 22 in honor of being 22 weeks pregnant, but my brain is just not there today. Hopefully you did still learn something new about me! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!