I can't really take credit for my outfit today. I saw a very similar styled outfit on Callie from Coffee and Cardigans and I knew I had to recreate the look for myself. I love how blogs are just as inspirational as fashion magazines! Anyway, it also gave me an excuse to pair up items from my two favorite local vintage groups - two birds and Salvaged Strawberry. I love how this turned out!
Speaking of the awesome Salvaged Strawberry, the very sweet Amanda has gifted me the Liebster award. She states in her blog, "The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The meaning of Liebster in German is sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome". (I'm blushing now).
The rules for the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the question the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
So, I'm going to answer the 11 questions from Amanda because they are fun and will give you all another little glimpse into my life! Here we go!
1. What is your favorite summertime activity? This one is hard to choose because there are several I enjoy, but I would have to say going out to eat at an outdoor patio is my favorite, you have to take advantage of the chance to do so in Minnesota when half the year it's too cold to do it!
2. Favorite Holiday and why? I used to always say Christmas, and while I do still love Christmas, as an adult it isn't quite the same. I think my favorite holiday is actually Thanksgiving. My birthday and the Pants Monkey's birthday is right around then, we have a huge gathering with the Pants Monkey's family and I am all about giving thanks. I feel like Thanksgiving gets kind of overshadowed being stuck between Halloween and Christmas, so I champion the little holiday that could.
3.Top 5 Favorite Movies. Go. Ho boy, only five?? Ok - The Muppet Movie, The Darjeeling Limited, Punch Drunk Love, Finding Nemo, Empire Records. Boom.
4. Salty or sweet? I used to be more of a sweets girl, but I'm getting more into salty. Chips and salsa are my favorite right now.
5. If you could live in any previous decade, what would it be and why? The 60's. I feel like a hippie at heart sometimes. Plus the music of the 60's is the bomb.
6. Do you have pets? What are their names? Tell me about them. Why yes of course! Most of my regular readers know all about my kitties. They are tuxedo cats, Taylor and Pippin. I love my furballs.
7. Dream job? Man. I wish I had one. I struggle with that actually. I'll go with my standard answer of wedding singer. I do sing at weddings here and there, but not enough to say I make a living at it!
8. How did you come up with the name for your blog? I have told this story before but will repeat for the newbies - I love Winnie the Pooh, my childhood nickname was Bethie Boo - I played off of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and got the name The Fashionable Adventures of Bethie the Boo.
9. First blog you read everyday? I go to my Google Reader list and kind of pick up where I left off the day before to be quite honest! I do have some can't miss blogs though - two birds, Megan Mae Daily and Tinfoil Tiaras I seek out if I only have a few minutes.
10. What's the latest recipe you really want to try? I want to make a Cookie Dough Cupcakes or Oreo Cupcakes. From scratch. I have pinned a few options to my Pinterest. It's just been too hot for baking.
11. What's one thing people would be really surprised to know about you? I get a rush out of shooting a gun. I go to the range with the Pants Monkey sometimes. It's a good stress reliever!
All righty, here are the lovely ladies I am choosing to tag -
My questions for you guys:
1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
2. If money was no object, where would you like to travel most?
3. Describe to me your perfect day off.
4. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. (Stealing Amanda's) Top 5 Favorite Movies. Go.
7. What is your least favorite household chore?
8. Coffee or tea or neither?
9. Last book you read? Do you recommend it?
10. What was your favorite childhood toy?
11. Do you have any bad habits?
Anyone else who I didn't tag is welcome to answer the questions too, because I'd love to know more about all of you! And quite frankly, I wish I could tag you all too! Thank you again Amanda, you are too sweet!
Shirt - vintage, Salvaged Strawberry
Skirt - vintage, two birds
Necklace - Ribbon from Stella and Dot, buttonflower from Megan Mae
Bracelet - Target
Sandals - Mootsie Tootsie