I added a bit of a summery colored scarf to my outfit today to try to think warm thoughts! It is even colder outside this morning than it was yesterday if you can believe that! I just keep reminding myself, I choose to live here. Anyway, I feel like I just wore this thrifted H&M sweater but you know what, I don't care, it's warm and I'm gonna wear it again!
Orange shirt - boutique from Pequot Lakes, MN
Sweater - H&M, thrifted
Scarf - two birds garage sale
Pants - Nine West, thrifted
Shoes - Mudd, Kohls
So the sweet CC of CC's Cheap Chic tagged me with some Liebster love even though she knew I'd been tagged before. She is the kindest person, I got to know her last summer during the Bauble Swap. Anyway, hope you're not sick of all about me type stuff, because I thought I'd answer her questions since my frozen brain can't come up with much else at the moment!
1. Why do you blog? I started this particular blog because I was bored with my wardrobe and I wanted to learn to remix and work my closet, but it's become about so much more. I have said time and again, it's more about the community and the friends I've made than anything else at this point. Not to mention, it's a daily scrapbook for me, I can see what I've worn and what works sure, but I also can remember things I did or places I went.
2. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? I've often said I'd love the ability to be in two places at once! Then I could do fun things while full filling obligations as well!
3. The movie or the book? It really depends - most cases I think it's hands down the book. However, I'm being a bit hypocritical in a way, I started the Harry Potter series in movie form recently, without reading the books. I know, I know. The books are better. But this is faster.
4. Favorite color? It changes from time to time but right now I'm still digging orange (heh, I'm wearing it today!) and I have always loved shades of pink and purple.
5. Beach or mountains? I have only seen the beach in person - I'd love to visit the mountains though. We might take a trip to Colorado in the near future so that would give me a chance to see mountains. You can't beat sitting on the beach though on a warm day - something I'm thinking of quite a bit with this cold weather!
6. If you had to describe yourself using only four words, what would they be? Awesome, crazy, friendly, songbird.
7. Coke or Pepsi? When I still drank soda, I was a Coke girl all the way. I could not get enough of it. I gave up pop a few years ago though now, I drink maybe one Coke a year and end up feeling pretty gross afterward. I mostly drink water!
8. Flats or heels? I do love the additional height my 5'3" frame gets from heels, but I'm much more comfortable in flats!
9. For whatever reason, you have to start your entire wardrobe, shoes included, over from scratch and you can only buy 15 pieces. What are they? Boy, even just a year ago I don't know I could have easily answered this question, but now I think I can. I would buy a denim button shirt, a white button shirt, a pullover sweater in a bright color like red or mustard, a pair of dark skinny jeans, a pair of black pants, a pair of colored pants, a short sleeve shirt in a neutral color like gray, a maxi skirt/dress, a shorter denim skirt, a tank top in white, black flats, brown boots, leopard scarf, statement necklace, multicolored handbag. Boom. Though I didn't plan for socks/underwear, but oh well. I think you get the idea!
10. Thrift or retail? I do a mix of both, but I'm much more drawn to thrift shopping. I love the deals and I feel good about it.
11. Chinese or Mexican food? This is like asking me to choose between my kitty cats. I think Mexican wins out a bit more for me though. One word - margaritas.
Whew, that was a lot of stuff, but I thought that these were actually some very interesting questions and I've said before, I can't resist a chance to answer questions about myself! Thank you CC! You should all go check out her blog, she's a pretty awesome lady!