"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt
So today's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is about Dreams. I am embarrassed that this topic is actually a tough one for me to blog about, but it's still thought provoking and I think I came up with some answers!
1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be? I am such a huge nerd, but I would work in a library. I had a part time job in a library while I was in college and to date it was my favorite job I've ever had.
2. What draws you to this? I like helping people, I like reading books and learning new things and I think libraries are such a valuable resource. Plus I would love dressing all "Marion the Librarian" like - plaids and wool and all that? Right up my alley!!
3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? While I was still in college and had the part time job in a library! Although when I was really little I used to say I wanted to be a librarian too.
4. What's holding you back from going all in? Having to go to school for a library science masters degree and also the fact that it is a very tough field to break into as most library employees keep their jobs until they die. Plus I watched my mother-in-law struggle to break into library work once she had her degree and it has kind of scared me from pursuing it.
5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? Either look into going back to school or possibly seeing if there are any library jobs available that don't require a degree, which so far I haven't found! Maybe someday!
For more on FBFF visit Modly Chic.